Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Children's Day at the Legislature

Tomorrow is Children's Day at the Legislature. Deb and Mary are going to advocate for the Right From the Start program; talking to a few key legislators, and distributing some material on the program. CHS will have a exhibit about foster care and adoption, and our agency. I am going to talk to a local delegate on a key committee about foster care and a recommended rate increase. I have a whole slew of children's issues I COULD talk about if I get the chance! Kids First (and the tiered quality child care system); foster care, after school care, Title I funds and truancy diversion (economic stimulus money), a legislature budget allocation for our capital project of renovation the Latrobe St. property for an independent living setting for youth transitioning to adulthood; all kinds of key children and family issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment