Sunday, October 11, 2009

Walk for Children

The agency's Walk for Children (spearheaded by the Summersville site) is winding up today with the last leg on into Charleston. They walked (I think) 65 miles over 3 days, to raise awareness about our work with children and families. They got some great radio coverage in their part of the state. I plan to go down for the ceremony at the end of the walk at the Capitol. Every year it comes the same weekend as the John Prine tribute (now in its 7th year) so I cannot focus my attention on participating more fully. Last year I walked the last stretch from the main office to the Capitol with the dedicated walkers. I'm sure there will be good coverage on the agency's website of the event, so you can check there: www.childhswv.org

No comments:

Post a Comment