Saturday, January 30, 2010

church's computer lab named for my father

While in Florida for my father's memorial service, I was able to stop in to the church that he pastored for a number of years, and visit their computer lab for low income/ at risk youth. There was a very enthusiastic mentor there, who teaches the youth computer skills using graphic design applications. There were some very heartwarming stories, and successes told. The church makes the space available as part of their mission, and there is also a pottery room, and space for other creative expressions. My family was very moved because they used this occasion to name the Computer Lab after my father, William C. Tuck. I have made a connection with these Florida folks, since the concept of a center for community youth to come and have positive creative outlets is a kindred spirit to our Mid Town Family Resource Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment